Sunday, July 24, 2011

If looks could kill

I suggested that I enjoyed the time we spend together to Mrs. F. today - funny really as I did say it in a slightly sarcastic way. We were both out Friday she was out today and I hardly saw her at all on Saturday. This morning all hell broke loose with some garment needing repair before work as it was Ls last day it had to be sorted and so I guess I've seen Mrs. F. about 10 times this weekend and spoken to her about 3 times. I thought it was funny - Mrs. F. looked pretty much underwhelmed and if looks could kill :-)

So it's now late and I am going to turn in. I've come up with some great stuff for the business plan and had a weekend of sport to enjoy. Not great news about my dad but we will have to deal with that after Wednesday I suppose?

I've been wondering quite what to do about all this and suddenly, I'm backing away from wanting to actually "do" anything. What could I actually do? How "helpful" could I possibly be? I know a number of people who have cancer and they're not like me, they don't think or act like me and they get on with things differently - who am I to tell them what to do? I need to play it very much by ear and see what the diagnosis and prognosis is for dad and that won't be known for a week yet.

No comments: