Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thinking about dad tonight

I know pretty much what he is going through and he reckoned the last 4 days have been like 4 weeks - yes I recognise that too. Not a lot I can do to help really other than the supportive comments and the empathy.

It's pretty worrying I have to say all the waiting and thinking and Dad's got a razor of a mind, can knock out the Times or Telegraph Crossword in less than 10 minutes, can answer most of the questions on University Challenge etc., etc. So he has a pretty good idea what tomorrow is going to be like and I imagine is forming an opinion of what he has. Me too in a way although there are plenty of good signs here as he isn't hurting, off his food or losing weight. It's all too early to judge and it's all too early to say. I just hope that they get it over and done with for him tomorrow. He will be having an Endoscope which needs to get around to here to take a biopsy and to see if they can correct the blockage causing his Jaundice.

I feel for him and for the trauma and the anxiety he will be going through - I'm bad but under control after having seen more tubes and stuff stuck in me in the past 5 years than I care to remember - I am sure it will be very traumatic for him and for mum.

No comments: