Thursday, July 07, 2011

Back problem

Is easing today and I can actually move around without hunching over :-) The pain of getting up and down is also going away which is a big relief I can tell you. For someone who rarely got ill and has only had a few odds and ends go wrong in my life it sounds as if I'm always ill these days - which I'm not. I hate being ill and having a bad back really has been a nuisance this week.

Big meeting tomorrow with the whole gang for a business review. We really hope that we can put the last areas of the business to bed. We have some really good guys involved and with a bit of luck we can nail these final bits and then do a two or three week burst of activity to finalise things.

I'm off out tonight now as I need to go help someone who is feeling pretty deep in the dumps. Luckily it is local so no worries about walking or travelling and screwing up my back. I've cancelled today in London as I was worried about that to start with. This though sounds like it needs my attention. you know when someone is telling you something and they go quiet on you? Well that's what I heard in the call and after waiting and then asking the 'bleeding obvious' "are you OK?" realised he wasn't and offered the meeting as he and I go back a long way and have some 'history' about such things. Anyway, that's to happen later. I could have done without the 3 hours of no internet access which remains an unexplained fault yet the 2nd time in 24 hours it has happened. I know it isn't a fault at this end as my network monitor indicated exactly where the fault was. My supplier isn't admitting anything so three hours lost with me doing my customary tracing and re-booting to find it wasn't me at all :-)

Better get on with a little light clearing up as the office needs to sit 6 of us tomorrow :-)

No comments: