Sunday, July 24, 2011

Alomst Missed it - FIVE YEARS TODAY

Five years ago today - around about 3 pm was when I had the first TURBT and had the tumour removed from my bladder. It was a Monday and I had spent the weekend in a state of heightened anxiety knowing that they were going to operate. Other than that I knew very little of my condition - I took a peek at some online stuff but didn't like the look of it and then realised that most of the people who wrote these things were in a far worse state than I was. A lot were dying or thought they were and it was not a great place to be.

Luckily - I'm not one of them and I survived that episode.

I have no particular plans to do anything - it was only that I wrote today's date on a piece of paper that I remembered.

To anyone tuning in at the beginning of their journey with bladder cancer - things do get better and time and experience change your perception.

No comments: