Thursday, May 31, 2012

Careful - not quite in control

Of myself - I have a tendency to overdo things occasionally - today it was a few beers.  I went into meltdown and just wanted to have an afternoon full of drinking beer.  It was a good day for it, clear and sunny and I had a couple of beers followed by a few more.  I texted Mrs. F. that I was in the pub which was a clear sign that I wanted her to actually be there to stop me and so I could go home.  I know how strange that seems but I did manage to talk to her and "off load" a few of my pent up issues about my dad mainly.


It's one of the strange traits I have - every now and then I have to go out and "purge the devil" as we used to call it.  It is a blatant act of self harm I think :-)  I'm actually not drunk or anything I'm just annoyed that I needed to do it - but it isn't binge drinking - just a safety valve in a way.  

No comments: