Monday, May 21, 2012

No appetite

Strange - I forced some scrambled egg down this morning and some mackerel and spinach at lunchtime.  I really don't feel too much like eating and I have to say I'm getting that dread feeling and slightly tight chest I get when I'm likely to have to do something stressful and let's face it, going to see your dad when he is about 5 stone lighter than you remember him, wired up in a hospital bed plus the associated sadness that the family will be feeling is going to be, at the very least, a little stressful.


I'm getting ready to go tomorrow and probably spend 2 or 3 days and prepare for 4 or 5 if needed.  It will give some respite for my brother and hopefully some support for my mum and dad.  We will see what will await me as I've done this trip a few times now.  I've got loads of change sorted out so that we can feed the parking meters at the Hospital and let the fat cats grow rick on the parking fees of the sick.  I never really got that but understand that one of the reasons that they had to put fees on were that locals were parking their cars there for free and using public transport from there....  This is the society we probably deserve when this is acceptable behaviour and also for the use of what appear to be fines for everything to check it.  It's unfortunately blindingly obvious that it is all about the money.  The politicians and fat cats are too remote to get it and wonder why they are despised by the majority....


Anyway - my little rant as it costs a fortune to park there to see dad and who can afford the sorts of sums they ask is beyond me and long term illness must cost people a fortune - so much for a "free" NHS.  

No comments: