Saturday, May 26, 2012

Good Journey Back and Headache

I know that the headache is stress related - it has been a full on 4 days.  Dad's condition is pretty concerning and he drifts in and out of conciousness and displays all the signs of uncontrolled diabetes.  I'm not sure if that is the way of it in terms of Pancreatic Cancer but I guess it probably is.  We were looking at the problems of getting him home and the key one is strength - he just doesn't have any although yesterday was the best I've seen him for the whole of the four days and he was able to move with assistance and instruction.


I feel very sorry for him because his mind is still there but very mushy and he is in some pain although they are controlling it.  It hurts him to move and that needs a bit more control.  In a way I'm glad I'm home as the monotony of the days and dad's irritability (we all would be in that much distress) hurts those close to him without I suppose him realising it.  No one likes to see their family in pain, wasting away, not eating properly etc.  At least he had a good go at his food and drank a lot more yesterday.  Long may that continue.


I have no idea whether things are good or bad but I do fear that it will not take much to tip the balance to bad given where he is and the knife edge of diabetic control.


Well - I've the headache from hell and I'm looking to do little today except watch the qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix, listen to the Cricket and have a beer or three.

No comments: