Thursday, May 31, 2012

Strange Place

It was with some purpose that I hit a few beers yesterday and I occasionally do this slight wobble and become ever so slightly self destructive.  It is difficult to explain but it is my pressure valve and there's only so much of my "Spock like" (Star Trek not Psychologist) persona that I can work with at any one time. Somewhere along the line I need to let off steam and relieve my own pent up emotional baggage. 


So just every now and then I do something to extreme.  I always regret it afterwards and I always chastise myself for it but, it is in my very nature and core so I can't actually stop it as far as I know. It is rare that I go off and do these things and can probably number these on one hand in the past 10 years.  I used to be worse before then and often would have a period of self doubt, a bit of drinking or solitude or something like that to try and resolve it.  It's not one of my best traits :-)


I consider that I have a very level attitude to things but to be like that all the time the other stuff, the anger, frustration and reckless side need to come out somewhere - better to go and do this on my own in my own way and regret it for a short while than to explode and take out someone who most likely is an innocent in the whole thing or, as has happened before, I've given a dressing down way over the top to someone who deserved it but perhaps not when I'm at my ferocious best (worst).


Anyway - I need to explode every now and then as you can't keep the calm exterior up and you can't always be matter of fact and logical and business like - sometimes you need to vent and let off steam.  At least that episode has happened now and I can concentrate on going forward now.

No comments: