Friday, June 15, 2012

Homecoming

Spoke to my mum and she was in two minds about dad coming home but, surprised as I am, I can see the logic in at least trying to achieve that.  The sheer logistics of it are surprising as there will need to be daily visits by the district nurse, various carers and others, a bed is to be provided and all the other equipment needed to look after him.  There's training in how to roll and move dad without hurting him or mum in the process.  


It will be nice if it can happen as dad can see the fields out the back and part of the garden and see out the front too.  That's an improvement on seeing the tops of trees and the sky (if you are lucky) in the Hospital.  It will be peaceful and tranquil and it will after all be home - and home is a secure place to be.  My brother and sister-in-law are 5 minutes away and that too makes it better - at the moment the 30 minutes there and back journey and the waiting around all make for a rough time for my mum.


Well it will be nice if we can get him home I suppose and if that doesn't work then it will be a nursing home and as a further fall back there is the Hospice too.


At last things are moving, seeing dad in that dreadful place was just terrible, he looked so lost and weak and very un dad like...  Father's Day on Sunday so he will have my card which I sent off early.. 

No comments: