Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Night Out As Top Banana

As Master of my Lodge I get to be an "Honoured Guest" of many other Lodges and so tonight I was on my first visit as Master of my Lodge and it is "funny (peculiar)" how I was treated today.  Now this may sound funny but I was treated a little differently because of the office I held which is great of course but also slightly unnerving because - only a few weeks ago I was treated quite differently.  Well, what do I care, it was a great night out and Flocky Bicep (bless him) came and picked me up and dropped me off - way beyond the call of duty so I was able to have a few drinks there and he dropped me off at my local pub where my old school chums were meeting up.  Much hilarity because I was all dressed up in my Morning Suit and Waistcoat and with my big regalia bag but - they are my oldest and dearest friends so if they can't rip the piss out of me who can?


Not heard about my dad - will talk to my mum tomorrow.  Did speak to my friend tonight (who's father died as I was diagnosed) and he was able to just listen and understand me - he's also a good friend.  Then we chatted about my future and what I want to do and I'm still undecided.  I have a view that I'd like to get involved back in the consultancy and programme management business but on my terms.  I still, however, don't really know.


I wrote a card to my dad for Father's Day on Sunday and that will arrive at the house on Thursday - so I need to let my mum know - hopefully it will be found to be amusing?  I hope so - it is a typical "me" card so I hope he likes it.  

No comments: