Monday, June 04, 2012

Ouch

My poor old head - sunburnt and sore!  I wore a hat today as we went to the pub as they had a live band playing who were excellent.  Had a number of beers - Jubilee - of course and had a good afternoon out.  Not sure Mrs. F. was completely enamoured with the noise so I did spend some time a good few yards away with her.  She and I do differ on these sort of things.


The Jubilee concert was a bit of a disappointing event though - far too middle of the road and too safe, so safe that the artists were a bit past it and couldn't hit the right notes etc.  I think we do this sort of thing well but..... it just could have been so much better....


So there we have it.  On top of that, dad is OK (ish).  He continues to stabilise and I'm happy about that as I'm amazed that he has lasted as long as he has - and I know how utterly bad that sounds.  He just isn't getting better but is stable.  He has no quality of life and that's the annoying thing to me. 


I'm in a funny place at the moment too.  I've just got back in touch with a very old friend and she is now living back in France and occasionally the UK.  She was in Singapore last time we spoke.  I haven't met her since 1988 - a long time ago :-)  We worked together on a global project way back then 24 years ago - I have to say it feels like only 5 years ago.  Why in a funny place?  Well it just doesn't seem to be that long ago and I found it quite a shock!

No comments: