Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Wet Weekend

The third wash out in a row.  Crazy but there you go - it just means that the chances to get out are severely reduced and that I'll be stuck in the house.  I do need to get to the local Chemist and get my prescriptions for my blood pressure.  Interestingly enough my blood pressure remains normal or below these days.  A couple of stone off my weight and healthier food appear to be doing wonders.  I need to schedule in exercise I think too again now.  I haven't had (touches wood) any back problems for about 2 months and so once again think that getting the weight off has helped this.  


When I start exercising though, I will take it easy this time.  I may try the short burst exercises rather than the long 30 and 40 minutes sessions that I used to do.  I have all the stuff I need to do this.  I just need to change discipline to do it.  


I'm the sort of person that needs a catalyst or scene change to go and do the next thing.  I'm drifting along at the moment not certain quite what to do for the best.  Ideally, I would go and help some people getting their businesses setup and get some sort of reward for doing that but something isn't clicking at the moment.  I kind of need a change in routine to happen and I also have got to working the highs and lows of my current situation from all angles.  I think too deep someone told me once (probably more than once).  I do a lot of analysis before I do things and it is why I work well when doing strategy and planning work - that's the way my mind is constructed.  I'm planning our bathroom at the moment and what work will be needed.  I know what sequence the work will take, how long, what materials I will need and so on right down to the number of screws and plumbing fittings required.  Some call that "anal" but in truth, I know exactly what I need to do to build the bathroom.  The critical task is the plasterer who has to come in when everything is clear for him.  After that has dried out I know day to day what I'm doing.....


I realise life isn't quite like that but you need to have a plan.  I have a plan - I just haven't filled it in yet :-)  The mindmap (spider diagram) that I've drawn up is now some 15 sheets long and growing.  Perhaps I'll spend some more time this weekend just sorting that out.

No comments: