Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Making the wrong decisions for the right reason

Had a chat with my business partner - I was mulling the stupid set of conversations I'd had yesterday.  These are the sort of conversations that spook you into acting in a knee jerk reaction.  I could easily pick up the phone and get a job that I'd regret in a month and kick into touch.  I need to think things through and be measured and I've got a few issues to be getting on with this week without the worry that somehow we will be in the workhouse by the end of the week.


Right now I've got a series of balancing acts to do and they involve my father's situation as I ought to go up there pretty soon I guess.  He has been in Hospital 3 weeks today which is probably the longest since the big operation.  The issue is that whilst I'm there I won't be doing a hell of a lot - I can do a little but have no chance to arrange interviews and the like.  Additionally, I haven't decided what I want to do going forward.


This weekend is important for me as I will have a really interesting day on Saturday being installed in the Chair of my Lodge, I've yet to learn my words properly and also I've to make sure that I have my speech ready and so on.  I'm working on another piece of business too at the moment which may or may not have any relevance for me.  Let's see.


The very last thing I need to be doing though is doing the right thing for the wrong reason and ending up back where I was some years ago in a job I hated, working with people I had no respect whatsoever for.  Given my change in personality I just don't deal with fools at all these days, I would need to be very careful going to work and having to interact with the drivel that called themselves "senior management" at my last corporate employment.  I need to be convinced that I'd be able to listen to and live in the same crappy place as I was before and I know the answer to that without needing to write it down.  


There are now lots more terms and conditions that I've set myself (self imposed) that these days I don't want to compromise my integrity and would rather work in a better place with lower wages if it meant that I'd satisfy that criteria.  I don't want much do I? :-)  

No comments: