Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Fed up with this

Was trying to get some sense of reality into an interesting situation.  I complained that the first things Mrs. F. said to me this morning wasn't anything personal - before I'd even got the sleep out of my eyes Mrs. F was complaining about the phone call costs - which eventually turned out to be her calls on behalf of her charity to the Government Tax Line (they nicely have a premium phone call service).  So that's how the morning started and stayed on that all morning.  Now call me insensitive but I did suggest that perhaps she ought to start the morning with some small talk - but she rarely does.


So having now pointed that out to her - it is my fault now.  This is how stupid this stuff gets.  I've got sufficient funds to continue going for around about 16 months.  That's partly the reason I was able to go and try to make the business set up.  So that didn't happen and as I see it, I have 16 months to get a job.  You'd have thought that we would be destitute the way Mrs. F. goes off on one.  It's one of those discussions that don't go well as I go past logic and then go into mocking sarcasm and ridicule for this is what it deserves.  Having many times sat down and calculated the basis of our finances and even discussed selling up and moving every now and then I get this stupid argument that somehow we are about to be moved on to the workhouse.  I have to say that it really is getting to be a pointless conversation and one that I'm pretty tired of addressing every few weeks.


I could do with getting a call this week about the job that might be available as that would, I'm sure,   ensure a quiet life......

No comments: