Sunday, December 07, 2008

Dreams and schemes and things to do

I haven't mentioned the dreams for a while. They are still around and still as real as ever. It can be a bit difficult to distinguish what on earth is going on with these as they are very realistic and generally quite plausible. The bizarre thing is that I'm placed in a different setting most of the time but with people I know well.

As Tuesday approaches so I grow more anxious, I can feel it growing and it is controllable but I know I will be a bit less my normal self tomorrow. It is a dread feeling and who amongst us looks forward to actually going into Hospital? I can control much of the feelings and the fear and in many ways I can convince myself to go through with it and with the little self hypnosis stuff I have done before it will be OK. Of course there is still the nagging doubt at the back of your mind, a general anaesthetic, even if it is for a short while.
There are still things to do and I hope to have worked out how I am going to do them considering I wont be leaping about much or be driving the car for a week or a bit more. I have to complete sending out my cards and newsletters and to do a few mass e-mailings. This time of year is always so busy and I normally have a bit of time on my side but this year - it is all slipping away :-) I'm sure it will all get done somehow. If it doesn't - well tough I suppose. No one is going to die!
I'll just have to see how I feel after I come out I suppose. Oh well no use worrying too much about it for the moment, just get on and get ready I suppose. More later I'm sure...

2 comments:

andyp said...

Good luck man, just chill with your music, i have found your blog so much help, had a turbt 13 october,superficial bladder cancer,age 47, ta, low to medium aggressive, no more treatment till they check again end of jan, so many freinds, family trying to reassure, but got so much strength reading your blog, never read a blog before in my life, good luck, and thanks again, Andy.

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Andy. Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen :-)

It gets better - the nice thing about a blog is you can look back and see that you were just as anxious (or more so) last time and get some strength from that. I'm so glad that you find it useful.

Thanks for your best wishes - I'm sure it will be OK they are very good. It is the hanging around bit tonight and tomorrow morning that builds the tension.

Good luck for your check in January and keep in touch. All the best and thanks for cheering me up - I feel better knowing that people think about me.