Friday, December 12, 2008

The Upside is

That I get to go out tonight and tomorrow to two events I didn't think I'd make.

Tonight to a Led Zeppelin tribute band who are supported by another band I've seen before who are a Free and Bad Company Tribute band. It should be good and I have just noted that I can walk there in about 40 minutes so I get exercise too - well I'll need that exercise to burn off the beers at the Rugby Club where they are playing!!!!

Tomorrow I will get to go to a Lodge meeting in Gillingham. Again, I can get the train there and back and so can have a drink. last year I won a bottle of scotch in the raffle. The bottle was a one Gallon bottle and no I haven't finished it off yet...

So a bit of a bonus until I realised that we are going out on Sunday for a Christmas family meal and on Monday I have another office meal that I am going to.

I wonder why I put weight on at this time of year? Rhetorical question - sorry :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good taste in music, i saw a zepp tribute band about 2 years ago at margate, they were very good, but i love the cover bands you have supporting the band your seeing, should be a great night.

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Andy

Well we aren't a million miles away - I am seeing this band in the outer reaches of Orpington at Westcombe Park Rugby FC. It is Let Zepp and the other band is Fire and Water who are really good - I saw them in Croydon a few years back - Ithink my ears are still ringing. Well must be off - they are on stage in an hour and a bit!!

I get down to the Winter Gardens once every couple of years! Small world :-)

andyp said...

Hi David,Sure is a small world sometimes,saw the band Whole lot of led,at the thearte royal margate, great small venue, when my mate and i arrived, my mate says,,what is all that loud humming,,, it was just the amps,( how loud) yep, ears ringing for the next week, if you get a chance put on your blogg how it went,,