Wednesday, December 17, 2008

22nd December or 5th January

Good old e-mail.  Just got one in offering me the procedure next Monday or in early January.  Typically none are convenient but the 22nd is the only one I can go for as I have a very important meeting of my Lodge on the 10th January and I do a lot of work in that and I need to be fit.

The trouble is that I screw up most of my colleagues and they will have to take the brunt of the enforced absence during our practice sessions.

Needs must and suddenly my attitude has changed and so has how I feel.  My stomach is churning just writing this.  I just want it out of the way now but how strange that I feel this different from reading one e-mail and making a decision to go in on the 22nd.  It is a sick feeling way down and far away in my stomach and at the back of my throat.  It must be the suddenness of it all I really do feel most strange.

5 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

As I'm sure you've surmised, sooner is better to have this behind you, and everyone else can damn well deal with it!!!

Best of luck and prayers for 12/22.

Anonymous said...

Wow,the 22nd,one minute i thought i would be reading about your christmas,and the next minute,your of to hospital....as Steve said, i suppose sooner is better to get this out of the way,,,,, i wish you all the luck in the world mate.

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Steve and Andy. Life is full of surprises :-)

I have been in touch with my Consultant's Secretary from right at the beginning and she has been great at sorting things out for me. Using e-mail is preferred and today we managed to get the admission letter and all sorted out without a problem.

It is better to get it out of the way and this means that I have a non cooking, non washing up afterwards Christmas - see there is ALWAYS an upside!

Cheers guys, always good to hear from you.

andyp said...

About this non cooking, non washing up christmas,,,,,,,any chance of a spare bed there,,,,thats not a bad trade off... I think this is one of the busiest christmas ive ever had, as everyone wants to come round to see me,,,,its a nightmare,, trying to please everyone,,,but its ok, there all coming round to cheer me up,,,,,anyway, about that bed,,,Take care Dave,

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Andy, I wonder whether my Wife could cope with 2 Bladder Cancer survivors :-)