Monday, December 08, 2008

Here we are again

Preparing for the morning, the early breakfast, the walk into the Hospital (I can walk there in about 20 minutes I suppose) and the other stuff. Waiting, preparing, wheeling, coming around, p*ssing razor blades :-)

I suppose I shouldn't have had a little shot of scotch with my coffee but hey, why not? It all helps to settle me down for the night. Tomorrow will be here soon enough and I'll have my music and breathing and self hypnosis to get me through the waiting.

The back of my hand is throbbing already - I wonder if they'll get the damn thing (cannula) out earlier this time? I wonder if they'll keep me in over night and at the end of the day, well, I suppose what will be will be.

It isn't any use worrying about these things but it does play on your mind. You know what is going to happen and you're back on the Roller Coaster my friend. You don't get off until they say you can. There is nothing worse than being out of control when you are a controller yourself!

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

It's always the anticipation that's worse than the negative event. Wishing you all the best from the colonies, and happiest that it's you and not me, this time round! Things to keep in the forefront of consciousness - deep breathing, hypnosis, relaxation, knowledge that the alternatives to what you are doing are worse.

Look forward to the feeling of getting the tube out - Do they leave the tube in for 2 days after like they do here? And do they let you remove it yourself in Britain? That was the oddest of all experiences...

Look forward to razor blades, and know that drinking more fluids means a tradeoff in short term "fire" for quicker recovery.

Keep in mind that lager and bitter are valid hydration therapies...

And whatever you do, do NOT eat any asparagus for a week or more!!! I found out the "firey" way!

Again, all the best, and some prayers for your end on this end.

(Who says Yanks don't do irony?)

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve, Thanks for your good wishes. I'm not sure that Yanks don't do irony - just Alanis Morissette who should have looked it up before she (or whoever wrote it) :-)

They don't do the tube on this one. On the TURBT you get the full Catheter and wash through pipes but they take it out for you it was in for 36 hours or thereabouts - I'm not sure I would have been interested in a DIY take it out yourself approach - something I have definitely not been trained for. I can imagine that really was bizarre! Something to keep the conversation going at dinner parties perhaps :-)

Funny you mentioned Asparagus - I saw some in the fridge (refrigerator) and so I'll make sure that gets eaten by the rest of the family. I do like it though but good call - I haven't actually tried that.

There are 48 Cans of Bitter in the Garage with my name on them - well "old Speckled Hen" actually -They may have been bought for Christmas but I'm sure the odd one going missing will not be noticed :-)

Thanks for your continuing prayers and best wishes, it must be working already as I am quite calm this morning and that is all for the good.

All the best.