Monday, December 29, 2008

Only hurts when I cough

I have an occasional cough which really rattles me about and hurts my stomach and groin area. I'm guessing it is the general anaesthetic and my body getting rid of it - there is no cold to go with it. I've taken a few cough sweets which has temporarily relieved that. It has been a strange day as I've been trying to get up to speed with my work and yet I can't sit down at my desk for more than an hour or so and I managed to fall asleep again ts afternoon for a couple of hours even after having plenty of rest last night.

I want to be fit and back to normal now but the reality is, it is taking much longer than I remember or want it to be. It sort of backs up my view that two things happened here. My Consultant told me this (if clear) would be the last lot of treatment and, as I understand it, it should be the last set of biopsies taken as an operation under a general anaesthetic. She also told me that in taking biopsies, they go deeper into the Bladder Wall to make sure that things are clear. If they have thought these are going to be the last then I'm sure that they would have gone deep and also there is a possibility there are more than the standard number done if the apprentice had a go and did a partial job.

So whatever it is I've got to get on with it and recover, it is just annoying that I am not quite as well as I want to be and that I just cannot get on with stuff that needs to be completed.

I have so much to do and it is frustrating to find myself unable to do it. I know that I should be happy enough that I'm in a position to moan about it!

No comments: