Friday, December 19, 2008

Last Day

My little baby is off skiing in the morning and I wont see her over the Christmas period. Mixed emotions about that. I'm really pleased she is off doing things herself and doing something I have never done (well only for minutes have I ever skied in Finland years ago). I think that is commendable and I am sure she is going to have a great time. That leaves Mrs F and L to be with over Christmas. It will be a massive change - after all we have had 18 years together as a family at Christmas.

So tinged with a little sadness I'll see her off tonight and also with some satisfaction that she is getting and gaining her independence. It is hard to let go but you must.

3 comments:

andyp said...

Hi David,had the same thing 3 years ago when our son decided that he would be spending christmas with his then girlfriend up north, it used to be our son that rallied round at christmas, and got us all in the spirit,,,,,,,He rang christmas eve, to say everything was going ok(the missus cried), he rang christmas day, the missus cried, he rang boxing day, the missus cried...in the mean time im ment to be the strong one,, Thats why i have banned my daughters from having boyfriends,,,,,,Yeah right ohh!

A Dived Ref said...

That sounds like a plan Andy :-) Hey nice Pike in your photo BTW. I am sure with all the other things going on we will be able to put it out of our minds and with the other daughter who is a ball of laughs most of the time around we should be OK.

andyp said...

Glad you have a daughter like that,,,, we were lucky also to have a mad as a hatter daughter, god bless her,,,, i would love to see life as she sees it,,, You have to wonder how things work out, , my son split from a 3 year relationship back in november, (thanks son need that right now) never mind. Wanted to live the rock and roll life in his metal band,,That has lasted one month, now wants to move back home, back to his old room,,,,,,,but son,,,,, i have an xbox, and plasma tv in there now,,Would love the company though.,, How strange is life,,,,,,,Thanks for the comment on the pike,,God i love fishing,,,,,