Tuesday, December 09, 2008

FUBB

So how come I am blogging when I am meant to be in Hospital recovering? No beds. All of us were sent home at 3 pm which was a real bummer. It has completely trashed my week and December for me. They have no idea when I will be asked to go back in, it could be anytime!!

I'm pretty upset as I wont know now for some time whether I'm clear or not, perhaps for some time to come, like January or February.

All the plans I had as well, to spend the down time doing useful stuff is now in deep trouble. I was fully expecting to spend next week doing this 75th History for my Lodge. That is obviously going to have to be reconsidered. On a better note - it does mean that going out on Saturday is going to be back on and perhaps the gig on Friday if there is a spare ticket. There are other things too, like my assignments and catching up on my Open University stuff - I can go to the tutorial on Thursday too now.

So - the Hospital is full of sick people :-) I did feel sorry for the chap opposite me who was to have his tumours cut out but he was reassured that they were low grade and he would be back very soon to have those sorted out.

After all the psyching up and worry and adrenaline expended, it was all for nothing. I walked home and had some soup and a sandwich and I am just settling back down and calming down - if I let it get to me I'd be very upset almost tearful it is just very annoying and just think of the costs of all those theatre staff and all the preparation work that was lost today. In trying to save money you can see how the NHS losses it when something like this happens.

What does Captain Jack Sparrow say at a time like this? "Oh Bugger!" :-) How very British!!

1 comment:

andyp said...

Im really sorry that happened, in the old days i would have been pleased as punch at getting out of hospital, but now, all that build up, getting yourself in the zone, and told, no, not today, nightmare..........On a more selfish note, nice to be reading your blogs again, i say enjoy christmas at least you be able to have a drink,,,,,we will be able to compare notes in january, take care.