Monday, March 16, 2009

By now I am shattered

The previous blog forgot to say that I am out every Monday from late September to late May and don't get back until after 11 normally (unless I was having treatments) and so Monday nights can be very bad for me but - at least - I don't tend to have any insomnia on a Monday! Some upside :-)

I was reading some interesting notes today about cancer that it is included as part of the Disability Discrimination Act!! Whoa - that needs more investigation. Not for where I am as they are so keen to get me into being a permanent employee it is untrue but more over the legal aspects which interest me in terms of cancer being labelled as a disability and it appears that the side effects and long term recovery is also viewed that way too. I imagine that there is the ability to pay disability allowance to some people and I wonder how many realise that is the case. Whether or not it is applicable to me, it does show that there is something being done about it and something is in place to cover it.

No comments: