Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Looking forward to a night out

Twice a year we get a big meeting of all the Provincial Officers in our Provincial Lodge. This afternoon and evening it will be a chance for a good 300 or so of us to meet up and have a few drinks and a meal together and catch up with old friends and all the latest news and views.

It is a busy old meeting and so I am taking the bus there and will call afterwards to get a lift home. I drove there once and it was pretty grim to get parked and to get away afterwards. This way I can continue to have a beer afterwards and then phone to arrange a lift.

I am looking forward to this one as it is the dinner one - they do a lunch time one in October and I don't often go to that so this is a useful time to meet up with some other people and catch up on the gossip and see what everyone is up to.

At least I'll be out of the house and with some good friends.

No comments: