Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Interesting Day

As I work in the Grand Lodge building it was nice to get an opportunity to go and see one of the 5 major meetings that are held - well - just up the stairs from us. So the day was busy but quite an enjoyable one. I suppose that I have a very enviable position being able to do that and it was my first Grand Lodge - it was impressive and most enjoyable as there are big changes at the top and it looks like exciting times ahead.

No idiot this morning to complain about or have a go at but I did get to see some random acts of stupidity. I don't know why it is but imagine you are walking towards someone and decide to take a certain line. The pavement I am talking about here is a good 15 feet wide and I am 20 or 30 paces away and make my manoeuvre towards the roadside so that we are no longer on a collision course. My opposite number is aware of this change and instead of walking in a straight line also alters course some 5 steps later bringing herself (you knew I was going to say that didn't you?) back onto collision course. Now we are feet away and neither of us knows what to do next except the stop and sidestep together a few times routine!

Add to that the person who walked in front of the traffic outside charing Cross and caused much screeching of brakes and the walk to work was at least a little amusing.

As for me - well I am tired but I am happy being tired and in the knowledge that things will continue to get better for a while.

I'm relatively happy and calm about things although I would really like to resolve work, employment or otherwise in the next few weeks.

My diary looks like a battlefield and I must get something together to send to my cousins by this weekend. I have a stack of stuff still to do and I have loads of meetings and things still to catch up on. It is nice I suppose to know that as long as the charity holds together, that I have a job there and I am pleased that I am making a difference.

No comments: