Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Crazy work day

I had to get all the exhibition stand stuff out and off to loading bay, on my own and then it was Grand Lodge day so hundreds of random Masons wandering around the building whilst I was trying to finish off my presentation for tomorrow, prepare all the committee papers and then found out that some finance papers were being worked on when I needed the photocopier and then my chairman came and sat with me for about an hour of pre meeting briefing and eventually we had the committee meeting which just made more work for me!

I wasn't amused. I have just got my stuff together for tomorrow and will be heading off to Lincoln to talk to about 100 Charity Stewards and Almoners and so I need to remind myself to just be slick and to talk slowly as my presentation runs at about 20 minutes at break neck speed and 25 as it should be delivered. It is really good (it is totally different from anything they have ever done before) and it is interesting in that the research I did for this and the talk next week should really make people sit up and take notice. Our charity is in the top 1% of all charities in England and Wales! Wow. We are quite large but have a small staff ratio compared to others so some of this stuff will come as a great surprise to many. I hope that I can implant in their minds just how impressive we are in terms of the work we do.

Things appear to have settled down at the moment - not sure how a 160 mile trip up the motorway will affect me but let's see. Will be great to go and see my folks on the way home and show them I am still alive!

No comments: