Tuesday, September 15, 2009

High Profile Deaths

Such as that of Patrick Swayze from cancer really feel like body blows. I'm not saying that other people you know don't but so well publicised are these particular deaths and Patrick was no great age either (as if age makes it alright - it doesn't of course). Suddenly you are confronted with news of so and so's death from Cancer and the level of exposure means you rarely miss it.

You then get the standard 'cancer phrases' wheeled out "bravely borne" "courageous fight" and all that stuff.

For me, it just reminds me how lucky I am and how pleased too that I don't have to be facing my mortality right now although we all know that it could come and visit us at about anytime.

The more you look around, the more stuff can kill you or make you seriously ill without all the stuff we manage to inflict on ourselves!

No comments: