Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Testing my sense of humour

My boss, bless him, left a changed document on my desk that had been finalised and signed off and that I had produced, set and published but he changed it - AGAIN!!! Now it isn't unusual in our place because we are committee driven and have to be politically and legally correct in all we do. however, it is normally funny but I wasn't amused this morning as it just was so unnecessary to do it. It was changed for changes sake. As are many documents unfortunately.

Then the Welsh document arrived and we had to work on that and loads of other stuff that I'm good at but really "aren't my job" if you get my meaning.

So it was all a bit fraught and a bit wearisome today and didn't need to be.

I can't see me attending the Hospital until October now and I suppose that isn't such a bad thing. I had an interesting conversation with a chap last night as his friend has cancer and he was explaining just how tired he was and I was assuring him that this is indeed the case. I hope I reassured him and gave sound suggestions as to how he could assist his firend.

Tomorrow is Steve's second of three BCG treatments. 2/3 rds of the way through as I liked to look at these things and just one more left after that. I need to make sure, as I am out tomorrow (again) to raise my first beer to him. It is a year since my last lot of them and I am hoping that I will never need to see them again but you never know.

No comments: