Saturday, September 05, 2009

A day on my own

It is 100 years since Girl Guiding was started and so Mrs. F. who runs a thing called Rainbows (pre Brownies) but has been involved in the Guide movement for many years, is off to the 100 year celebrations at Crystal Palace with another 6,999 Guides and leaders. There are events all over the UK. When I was a youngster I was in the honour guard for Lord Mclean (I think) at the Diamond Jubilee also at Crystal Palace.

Both A and L are young leaders in the Guide movement too so another thing to be pleased about as they are both making a contribution to these movements voluntarily. As I also tell them, it is also a useful skill and prospective employers are always interested to know that you actually take some responsibility and not sit on your arse and play on your PlayStation all day!

I have loads of admin work to do so I am sat in my office working my way through that and listening to some old 70s music - if you remember the Strawbs and Lindisfarne - then I am listening via spotify (http://www.spotify.com/) on line which is fun seeing if I can remember all the lyrics. Sad git that I am, I can :-)

As for my health, I'm feeling a lot better but still tired. I feel a little bit sore around my groin area but other than that and the occasional throbbing on the back of my hand - all is well. I still don't have an appointment to see my Consultant. I feel an email to her office coming on if I haven't heard by later this week.

No comments: