Friday, September 18, 2009

I want a bit of respect

Every now and then it would be nice not to end up getting it in the neck for stuff that I haven't been involved in. I'm going to be obscure here. Imagine if you will that something happens, I have possibly heard about it but no one has spoken to me, asked my advice or asked me to do anything and then, when they are half way through a problem arises and suddenly, it's my problem? Worse than that, I get talked to as if I knew all along it was my problem and to say the least, tonight I got pretty pissed off with it.

I'm happy to help but the problem doesn't need to be fixed tonight as the delivery man who has to pick said problem up hasn't been contacted but time is running out and no one has done anything about it and now the instructions which (in my humble opinion) are simple enough to follow haven't been followed. In addition, rather than asking for help they've gone off and solicited someone else's help and that is my problem too as they haven't got back to them. despite me saying that I'll look at it in the morning things still aren't right about that either.

So, in no uncertain terms I've expressed the view that it ain't life threatening, that it can wait as DHL or UPS or FEDEX aren't exactly going to turn up at midnight if you haven't even called them with a reference number either and obviously, as I'm a bloke, that is wrong too.

It really pisses me off and it doesn't matter who it is, when the accusational tone of voice is used towards me if it isn't even a problem under my ownership or even on my radar as this particular thing isn't. I live and breathe the world of body language and tone of voice and talking to me as if I were some naughty child or misguided adolescent is hardly going to gain my unqualified assistance and help me to look favourably on working out their problem for them.

I very much doubt that a good tone has been set for the weekend but I should be getting used to no one talking to me these days or even being here. At least if they aren't here they aren't accusing me of not doing something that through some clairvoyant level I should have picked up when I was at work.

So, that's my little rant over for today let's hope no one tries talking down to me again this weekend or they may well regret that. I was in such a good mood too during the day.

No comments: