Tuesday, September 08, 2009

What a Day

I ended up having some interesting urination issues - blood in the morning a couple of times and not nice - a full on experience - yuk. Followed by a sort of mid day well you can see blood there but it was OK. Just before I went home I passed a small ferry sized clot which really turned me over and then when I got home all was OK again.

Tonight with beer to lubricate the pipes, all signs are gone which has pleased me a lot!

It was another great evening with my friends. You know where you are with your friends and you can get away with many politically incorrect things and laugh at silly stuff and know that we aren't being bad, just enjoying a night out and what today people think are insults (bunch of wet liberals that they are) is actually to do with all the things that hold friends together and keeps us being what we are after 40 years or more.

I thought it was really quite amusing that my "wedding tackle" and bladder and urinary equipment are made fun of and light of in the company of my friends. My friends CAN get away with these "low shots" and none too subtle innuendo. That is what friends do - we laugh at our problems and we make light of some of those things. One of my friends lost his father the week I was diagnosed and yet we worked our way through that and bad as I feel for not attending his funeral we can look on it now that I came out of it and I'm here. His Dad who was such a great friend of mine when I was a very young guy, taught me so much and we all know that had I have been well enough to attend I would have done. Unfortunately it was when I was bleeding all the time and on my way home from Yorkshire, stopping at every service station that the news arrived that he had died.

It is one of my regrets and yet also a big bond between us that as his father died, I was being diagnosed with something as serious as....

It sounds like a serious night but actually we just had a lot of fun and for old people, we seemed to be getting many laughs per minute in!

No comments: