Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Steve's Judgment Day

3rd September 2009 and Steve Kelley is about to have another Judgment Day. This involves a Cystoscope inspection and if that looks good, a further course of BCG.

It would seem strange to say make it clear so I can have the treatment - if you know what having the treatment is like but actually, that is just what Steve needs to hear so that he can move on to the next base and take the next step in his recovery.

Steve and I have never actually met or spoken and yet I have this really good feeling that we would hit it off brilliantly. For a first, all cancer survivors have a unique bond with their fellow survivors and also those warriors who may not be as lucky as us. Unwritten rules and we "just know" what we have all been through and what we have achieved. Secondly, sense of humour and sense of stoicism about what we have, how we deal with it and also camaraderie in as much as we both blog about what it means to survive.

We both tackle things differently, we both write differently about it but I am really buoyed by having other sufferers touch base and share their stories and experiences and our unique club (which none of us sought to become a member of voluntarily) holds some wonderful anecdotes and experiences which give hope that this vile, bully of a disease can eventually be defeated.

If you pray - please do, if you subscribe to fingers crossed then keep them so on the 3rd September. I will be at a meeting of like minded people enjoying a nice lunch and comradeship tomorrow when - I guess - Steve will be being examined. I will ensure that I raise a fair number of glasses during that time :-)

I still haven't heard when they want me to go in and see the consultant - no news being good news - I can only imagine that I am on the slow back burner of appointments - if it was serious - they'd have seen me before now (they did early on).

1 comment:

Steve Kelley said...

Thanks David,

I am also sure we would hit it off like old friends. And certainly we also share a zest for life and the enjoyment of good beer and decent wines!

Will keep you all posted on the blog, as per usual...

SK