Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nephew Is OK With It All

My Nephew whom I've known since he was born is very special to me.  He was born just a few months after Mrs. F and I were married and his father left I suppose when he was only a year or two old and they moved back near us and so we have grown up with him since then.  We took him to University, we looked after him after school and so many things we shared as if he was our own son.  He and I have been very close for all these years and so it was with some trepidation that I found myself apologising to him that Mrs. F. and I were splitting up.

Yes - it was a shock. No, he knew something was up - he knows me well enough to get the tone of my emails :-)

 It was a good evening although we couldn't find much to eat as the local football club had taken over the curry house!  So we ended up with a few bags of nuts and extra beers and I supplemented that with a fried egg sandwich on my return home!

He's almost a third child to us I suppose and so it was only appropriate that he knew but not his mum or his uncle!  Mrs. F. please sort this out!  

Anyway it was a good evening all around and apart from having to give out some bad news I found it very cathartic to speak to him - having two daughters doesn't always make a heart to heart conversation easy.  

It was nice of him ( but not unexpected) that he stepped up to the plate - bless him.... 

No comments: