Thursday, November 28, 2013

That Was Fun

I substituted for a friend at his business networking breakfast and as these things go it was good enough fun.  It's interesting watching people and I managed to chat to some interesting people and just watch behaviour.  I did manage to isolate myself for a few moments to have some coffee and they wouldn't have that - which was rather nice of them.

It always amazes me that you get people come to these events that are only after business and don't make the effort.  I made the effort twice with two people that had business propositions that watching paint dry was a far more interesting venture but I stuck with it.  Who knows, I could help.  I did a little about my new business and so managed to briefly tell people what I was planning to do.  It was early - phew!  But it was nice to get out, take the car, drive opposite the hoards driving to London :-) just enjoy it and not worry about it although I did feel a tiny bit nervous before I got up to speak but then again - it's what I do well and so it all worked out fine.

It's a very interesting setup and I can see why my mate uses it - lots of leads and referrals.  For me, at the moment, it's too early to start that but if there is a local chapter then perhaps it is worth looking at.  For £12 a week roughly I imagine it can pay you back pretty quickly.

So I'm back home now just gone 9:30 and relaxed and ready for the rest of my day - I'm off to London this afternoon for a Lodge meeting - a Centenary and I know quite a few of the people there so it will be good.  Again, it will just be a nice day out and I've forced myself to do it.  I should do it more often too.  Once I get past the obstacles I put in my own way and go I really enjoy it - I hope that the obstacles will get less and less in the future in fact I'm sure they will.

Today is a good day - let there be many more please... :-) 


No comments: