Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nice Surprise

My old business partner dropped by unexpected and we went out for some coffee.  We discussed Eckhart Tolle's 'A New Earth' book which I've actually bought for Mrs. F. as I feel it may well help her a lot coming to terms with things.  It certainly has made a profound affect on me and I feel so much better, so much more 'in control' and no longer sucuumb to the huge swings of depression I used to get - or at least so far that is.  I rarely get angry now or if I do it is fleeting and I bring myself straight back under control.  I am having quite a few episodes, as you would expect, about leaving my wife, starting a new venture, sadness and excitement and all sorts of emotions but and the BIG but is that I can recognise and bring these under control too.

We both had traumatic events happen in our lives and this year has been bad for both of us with tragedies and sadness, false hopes, unlucky in finding employment and all sorts of things but it was nice that neither of us are in a 'bad place' which is good.  The book helps without a doubt to move me forwards and him too.

Mrs. F. has just gone out and my nephew is about to arrive and we are going out for some drinks and for a curry or something like that.  I hope that the news won't be too much of a shock to him in fact I am sure I've told him in the past about it so maybe not.

So a day of taking it easy which I was pleased about and it's nice that I've just taken some time off to have a think about things.  I need a little space for a while to concentrate on the business and to get my thoughts together on that.  Interestingly enough knowing that things may just be taking a little longer until getting out of here will be good as I can take it that little bit easier and take my foot off the gas.

No comments: