Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So How Was It?

Bed shortage - nothing new there but eventually after 3 hours waiting I was taken straight to surgery. That was actually quite stressful as I hadn't been able to relax and do my breathing and repeat my hypnotheapy words to myself and get myself ready. So Blood Pressure was up, Pulse was racing and I did say why I thought that it was so. After a short while it all came back to on the high side of normal.

In the preparation room I was pleasantly surprised to be able to award 10 out of 10 to the Anaesthetist. we made a deal that I'd provide a juicy vein and that they would find a sharp cannula. They were very good - I don't have a larger bruise (unlike the rest of my body which feels like one big bruise). We also had an arrangement that for my Operation (yes they call it an Operation not a procedure) I'd be whisked off to Hawaii in less than 7 seconds.

I did feel very "heady" this time when I came to and I was back on the ward and felt quite well after that.

No blood (a few bits) when urinating was a marked improvement and I was disappointed that I had to stay overnight.

A three week wait now until the results are known. That is going to be difficult as I'd like to start shouting about it now but - if it isn't in writing then it isn't confirmed. Be good if it was though wouldn't it? Brilliant

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have our fingers crossed, but think it is going to be good news.

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

I think so too now. It takes a long time to sink in because you set your expectations low so as not to be disappointed. This last week or so I have been really upbeat about everything. Hope that lasts :-)