Monday, October 15, 2007

Why do simple things still annoy me?

I find some things really annoy me. How about the News. Yesterday, nothing else happened in the world apart from England won the rugby against France. There was obviously so little news of interest that our newspapers and TV screens were crowded out with this world shattering event.

Given that only about 25% of the world even know what Rugby is anyway, it just seemed utterly crazy that this merited front page news. Somewhere we must have lost our way if the talk of the day is about a sport, or some people of notoriety (I don't use the word celebrity as that surely is a person who is celebrated), and some Minor B list actors all trying to dance can also grab this morning's breakfast time news.

Dumbing down I can understand but why has the BBC News turned into Hello Magazine?

Of course, maybe it is just me?

No comments: