Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Mmm

So if you haven't got bladder cancer anymore but you are being treated for it (to stop it returning) have you still got bladder cancer or have you got something else?

are you a cancer survivor or are you in a precancerous state?

It is all very confusing n'est pas?

What are they treating me for?

I shall have to check this out as I believe the term remission is the proper one for something that is no longer a threat or has gone away. but has the potential to come back which unfortunately this does.

2 comments:

peter said...

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 05' and at that time a tumor was removed that did not invade the bladder wall. I'm now on year two of a 6 year treatment plan of BCG and interferon medications. I consider myself to be in the cancer prevention mode. Not pleasant to have these medications injected into my blader but considering the alternatives why complain. Good luck!

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for leaving a comment. I hope to be joining you soon and to be on maintenance. As you say it isn't pleasant but neither were the TURBTs and all that.

I consider myself to be very fortunate indeed to have had it caught early and to be where I am.

Good luck to you as well and it is great to find people who have gone through this and are in prevention mode.

All the very best and thanks for taking the time and the trouble to comment - I do appreciate it.