Saturday, October 20, 2007

Well that brought me back to earth with a shock

I had two "OMG" moments last night (OMG Oh My God!!)

I went to the toilet and it was strange but I suddenly felt that something had happened and I looked down and there was a bit of debris in the pan and then a small trickle of blood diluted.

Now I "should" know what this is - how many times have I been in Hospital? But the brain doesn't remember that first off does it? Because of the association with what blood actually meant prior to diagnosis - your brain goes there. Quite how it made the leap to think that I could possibly have tumours in my bladder where 18 days earlier all was clear is not certain.

I rationalised this afterwards. The next time I went was horrible as three huge chunks of debris (probably scabs) came out along with lots of little bits and again a diluted rusty coloured urine. This is , believe me, enough to make you recoil in horror.

Of course these are just the scabs from the biopsies coming away and so they are only signs of the bladder wall healing itself. I imagine my bladder has probably had enough of being cut, scraped and generally subjected to pretty awful chemical attacks - bless it!

So it was quite a relief, last night and this morning to have no debris or any colouration in my urine.

What a relief even though I know what this should be.

No comments: