Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Never a good time is it?

It is never a "good time" to go away, on a holiday or away on business.  By that I mean that if something might happen to my dad whilst I'm away, it will happen and it matters not if I am in Italy, home, there or somewhere else?   You can't be where you want or need to be all the time and whilst I feel it may be a bit selfish to take a holiday at this point in time, if I delay it, my wife wont get a break and in my opinion she needs it more than I do and of course, neither will I. 


I mention this as dad's not had a great night and isn't good today but this could be the same at any time really and it has now been 6 months since they gave him 6 months to live and so I guess, there are currently signs that things are beginning to catch up with him.  We will see what today brings, it is the complete weakness he feels and inability to move around the house that has got him today.  He is getting weaker and wakes feeling cold and I can only imagine that this is how things progress.  


But I need to get away for my own sanity and I need Mrs. F. to also get away for hers, she works very hard and I do keep trying to get her to slow down a bit, it isn't as if we need the money although I feel that she thinks it is.  At least we will get some talk time in the next couple of weeks although I thought that when we went to the Baltic coming up for two years ago. 


Things will be what they will be in the meantime and I can do nothing to stop the course of nature or to be in a position to do anything much other than keeping in daily contact and hoping that dad isn't suffering too much and that mum is managing to keep going.  It's a hard time for everyone.



No comments: