Thursday, February 23, 2012

Time for some ME time

It's about time that I made some "Me" time and that starts in a few moments after I've written my intent in this blog.  It is time for packing and reading up the research I have done and to start to wind down from being stuck on the PC all day every day.   I've culled my Twitter account and got rid of all the cr@p that's I've endured there for months and we are almost at the end of the first phase of fund raising which is proving to be a bit of a blank.


All emails are being diverted to my colleagues and that will allow them to carry on in my absence and I have two meetings one tomorrow and one on Saturday to attend to and that's it, away we go and let the adventure begin.  I am looking forward to it now and just need to remember what language I am speaking in what country :-)  I'll need to speak French, German and Italian over the course of 10 days or so.  I haven't spoken German for 14 years I think.  French was a few years ago and Italian was also 14 years ago.  That should be fun - I wonder if I can remember much of it?  I always thought though that the funniest thing I heard was in Milan "No Problemo" - it was around the time of the Terminator films and I remember just looking at my colleague and bursting out laughing.  It was also here that I thought we were in the middle of an Earthquake as the building started to shake and vibrate I asked whether we should get under the table - I got some strange looks and asked whether we were in an earthquake.  Apparently not - the Metro was being tunnelled out below the building/street and that what was making the vibrations.  Doh! :-)


So happy days and I do hope that we get to see Venice, Florence and Rome on decent days as well as Lucerne and Turin too.  We go via Paris, Basel and Milan - I doubt we will have that much time to see much other than the station though and the Metro in Paris.



No comments: