Saturday, February 04, 2012

Through the roof

I've never seen my blood pressure so high as today at the doctors.  I mean very high with a bottom reading way over 120!  The upper near 200.  That's ridiculous and totally unexpected I have to say.  So I need to keep a serious check.  I know that going to the doctors is easily 20 points over on both readings - I just hate the environment and I hate the association I have with the place - every time I've ever been there I've been ill (OK I know) but there you go...


So it fell off and went to about 15 or 20 points off normal but even so it was quite a shock but I also noticed my heart rate was way over 100 too which is pretty swift.  


I'm surprised because I really don't have any of the usual things to give me high blood pressure, in fact, the opposite and last year I was recording below average recordings.  This year, with changing my diet I expected it to be much lower.  I've also felt, rightly or wrongly, that the diet I'm on should reduce my BP.  So - tomorrow is a further review of the diet, exercise and to start checking my blood pressure on a regular basis.


Its a bit annoying I have to say as I was doing so well on my diet and so I think I need to do some drastic action to sort this out.  I think I've got the hang of juicing now and can tolerate some of the stronger concoctions out there.  Additionally, I have the right sort of vegetables and the right sort of quantity to ramp this up.  I was surprised to see that I've done about half my 15Kg bag of carrots in a week!  Mind you, if I can find a local supplier who can do similar prices I will be pleased.  I think that I need to rethink some of the other stuff I am doing and just make a few more alterations to the diet.  


Tomorrow I'll do some more research and checking and then set myself off on a stricter regime and get to tackle some exercise again.  That allied to diet will sort things out.  

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

I have found that low protein diets, like vegetarian or juicing, often correlate to increased blood pressure.

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Steve - that may be the reason then - I was expecting something completely different - back to the drawing board :-)