Monday, February 13, 2012

Well how am I?

I'm sort of OK at the moment and not up or down at the moment.  What I've done is to enter my defensive shell and am preparing for the very worst answers and in that way anything better than that is a result.  I was quite angry with everyone to start off with as I see their attitude as defeatist and in a way they've not gone the extra mile and they've certainly not gone to 100% so as long as I make (and not labour) that point I hope that it will make them consider whether or not we did everything we possibly could.


I'm still of the opinion that there's more noise to make and a greater impact that can be had but at the moment, that is only my opinion.  The team went to meet some people tonight about funding so let's see what they've turned up.  I hope perhaps that they have come back with the data that I've been telling them all along.  They don't need to give up, they need to step up.  I reflect that I have now completed all my tasks except for day-to-day running and I'm looking forward to getting a break in a few weeks time as I need it.  If for not other reason than to clear my head and think through my options.  


I've just dropped a belt size over the weekend so I'm quite pleased with my weight loss and I'm happy now and settled into my juicing routine and also into my small portions and mainly soup and fish diet.  Tomorrow evening is a let off day - I know it is Valentine's Day but I'm going to the pub with some mates.  Mrs. F. and I don't do Valentine's meals, red roses and all that guff and especially not at the exorbitant price hikes they put forward as a premium for these sorts of things, Mother's and Father's days etc.  It's a con and our money is better spent on going on a nice holiday which is where it is going.


So back to my deliberations and what I might like to do?  I have no idea at all.  I fancy something that will pay reasonable money without me having to go into London regularly and that I will enjoy and that gives me flexible time too.  Who knows what I might do - I know one thing and that is that the rat race isn't the place unless it is under my terms.

No comments: