Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Anger, Alcohol and Despair

It is nice to come back from the pub liberated from the constraints of every day etiquette and to vent forth.


Tonight I was ranting about the UK financial markets who have retracted their scrotums as far as their tonsils!  They are unworthy to deserve the prefix of Venture derived from the word Adventure!  They believe themselves to be of a higher social group than us entrepreneurs who have worked for 3 or 4 years solid building a business for some MBA from INSEAD to tell us that it doesn't fit with this or that and that whilst they cannot fund us they would like to understand the ins and outs of our inventions.  Then they get pissed off when we tell them that we would rather hold onto our hard won business IPR than give it away to someone with such a base level of disrespect.


They really think they are some sort of celebrity status these VCs and that is so funny.  They talk down at you as if you don't understand business and yet they were in Diapers / Nappiess when I was actually working my way up the greasy pole.  I love the crap they come out with that a document should be 3 pages (or whatever today's bollocks is) and no more no less, blah de blah de blah......  What the hell do they know, it is what it needs to be to describe the business and I'm pretty depressed that our UK boys are following this "Silicon Valley" model of being "God like" creatures who are never wrong and know how to run a business.  Sure, if it is your own hard earned cash started and finished in your own pocket you've a right to that opinion.  Most have only been given the cheque book and are too timid to actually do a deal that would put their neck and their reputation on the line, they prefer to wait until it is a sure thing and then muscle in and claim the kudos.


So be it.  If that is the way that this market works then we have to bypass these people and go into the lion's den and go and talk to those who will make a difference and who actually live up to the hype that is out there.  We all know that there are very few who meet that mark.  In reality I haven't found one of them - in the hundreds (and close to a thousand) I've reviewed who even crawl anywhere near this benchmark.  The world is full of hot air, failed promises and people who think their best is actually getting out of bed and checking a spreadsheet.  Dare I call them wankers?  Yes I think I probably can.   They look as if they are cutting and bleeding edge but actually they are like lawyers and solicitors at the end of the battle who come onto the field of battle and bayonet the wounded.  They are slime and that degrades one cell creatures!


I like going out for a drink as it frees my writing ability and let's me say what I think!

No comments: