Friday, February 17, 2012

Coping with the ups and downs

It is difficult to understand why I would be suffering from this month/week's highs and lows.  It's really because there is an undercurrent in the UK recently that we say one thing and are in fact doing something totally different.  We are "open for business" when in fact this means that we are not at all, we are so risk averse that we aren't going to do anything that even slightly contains the word risk.


Additionally there are other outward appearances that when you look deeper are wholly wrong too, it is SO disappointing that what we are being told and what the situation actually turns out to be is like this.  Now, I've lived long enough to know that this is pretty common but it is the bare faced front of the politicians and the "industry leaders" that is the point.  How on earth they can say that they are promoting business and yet aren't is beyond me - the banks are falling short of their lending targets and the investment industry seems to be more self-centred and star struck almost appearing as if they are in X-Factor or some such thing.  I've un-subscribed from their Twitter accounts because it is the worst sort of Narcissism imaginable, they really are up themselves.  Better than that, they take on the persona of the SIlicon Valley entrepreneurs who, like them or loathe them, do know something about risk and reward.


Anyway, having removed myself from their self preening, self congratulatory,  Daily Mail style self promotion and general distastefulness, I find myself somehow cleansed and liberated from this peculiar world these people inhabit.  Let's hope that the people that we are now going to talk to are a little more pleasant?


So having removed myself from that avenue of discomfort and having rationalised things a bit I find myself looking at various avenues to explore to make exceptions to include certain other UK organisations.  That is my next step along with testing some ideas with known sources.  After that, I think that there is a short break in proceedings and I can go on my break to Italy and try and free my mind up and take stock of where I am.


Things aren't bleak on the business front by any means but it just means that we have to go about it in a different way.  What the UK lacks perhaps Europe will not and if Europe is similarly afflicted then the US is also open to us.  Of course that could be quite an eye opener and not just for us :-)


So - I'm back on an even keel now after having some major angry moments and also being massively disappointed with the "Type" of people we met and dealt with, arrogant, up themselves and dismissive of the effort and achievement we have already demonstrated to get this far.  It was disappointing to note how intellectually lazy these people actually are too - you need to spoon feed them in words of one syllable to get them to understand it.  Anyway enough venting and ranting for one post.  I feel that I have enough information here to write a book about it - maybe I will just to warn anyone who approaches these guys just how bad the vast majority of them actually are.

No comments: