Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIF

Only one thing left to do today and that is to call up someone who we need to meet on my return from Italy.


I have to pick up L from the station as she is with us for the weekend.  She has to get her eyes examined tomorrow and then will drop us off on Sunday - poor girl she actually wanted a bit of a relaxing time but won't get one!


I have a meeting tonight and one tomorrow to attend.  Tomorrow should confirm that I will be elected as Master of the Lodge which is a huge deal, especially as it is a Stewards' Lodge and so I am looking forward to that of course.  It means that in June I will become the Master of the Lodge and will be "on the circuit" again visiting lots of other Lodges around the country as an honoured guest.  There are three meetings, June, October and February and that will be just enough to do the job for a year and then be amazed at how fast it went.  I have to say that for most of the time I was secretary of the Lodge I was having treatment for Bladder Cancer.  I'm just amazed at how I managed to continue an involved job like that and undergo treatment.  


I remember thinking at the time how everyone made a big deal of it and I didn't.  Of course, it was a serious thing but either I chose to ignore it or just worked my way through it.  Whatever it is, I was so pleased to even be considered for being Master and as someone said to me, there really was no one else even being considered and in less than a minute it was decided.  It needs to be ratified on Saturday of course.  Hence we waited until after then to go away.


I have some other minor things to attend to today - like packing and also I need to do some checking of my accounts prior to going to the meeting this afternoon.  


The only trouble with Lodge meetings?  There's a meal tonight and one tomorrow to tackle.  Interestingly I only tend to eat one big meal a week and I have eaten very little this week so I should be able to manage these.  As usual, these meals are much of a muchness and whilst they are good quality they aren't really what you would consider restaurant fare, the trouble I have is that they are often quite stodgy but I've trained myself now to just go for the Veg and then miss out potatoes or just have one.  


Listening to Massive Attack as I write this - I had forgotten how huge that Blue Lines album was back in 1991.  How time flies :-)  This is another one of those things as people do give me a sidewise glance when I say I like a band Like Massive Attack and that I'd also like a band like Camel - I just like any sort of music really as long as it is well put together.

No comments: