Sunday, February 19, 2012

Strange Sunday

It is strange indeed to actually sit down in the same room as Mrs. F. for more than a few minutes.  She was out most on Saturday and is always on the go doing something but I finally got her to sit down and do a little planning for the holiday coming up.  It took a while with constant interruptions by both daughters.  They too needed something from their mum.


Eventually we got things sorted but I did manage to book travel tickets in Venice on the wrong day but hey, at least it was while we are there!  So we just need to switch our plans.  I was trying not to be too proscriptive and hence we ended up looking at the things we would like to see and just looking to cover those and hit whatever else comes our way serendipitously which is, after all, the best way to go about it.  Having seen how wonderful Florence looks, we may not now go to Pisa and Lucca as I originally fancied doing unless somehow miraculously we do Florence in a day!  Unlikely I think.  It looks amazing.  


I am looking forward to this trip more and more and I hope that we will be able to get some serious tourist activities in.  It reminds me of our Baltics trip and I hope that it is as active as that - we will this time have more that just a day to see the areas though and with the preparation we did today I hope there is enough planning done so that we can enjoy the experience.







No comments: