Sunday, February 19, 2012

Next Week

This time next week I'll be on my way to Paris and almost there in fact, then across the city to Gare de Lyon and then down to Basel and on to Lucerne.  I am looking at the trip today and doing the tourist planning bit - what we are going to see and when - only roughly of course as serendipity is a big part of the trip too.


I am told our trip into and out of Switzerland should be wonderful with all the lakes and mountains and passes we will be going through.  It will be interesting to compare the difference between air and train although, having spent a lot of time working in Paris and Brussels I should state that I much prefer the train for these journeys as I can be in the centre of Paris in less than 3 hours from my house and in Brussels in around 2 and a bit.  Some aircraft expect you to book in 2 hours in advance and then there's all the scanners and shoes off and belts off and all that nonsense to go through too, queuing to get your passport looked at, waiting for your baggage and then getting from the airport into the city and your hotel!  I think the furthest we are from a Hotel and the station is in Turin and here!


So that's what I'm up to and I'm hoping that Mrs. F. might join me for a short while to check out what we are doing and where we are going etc.


I'm also looking forward to getting out and about in the open air and to do some serious walking and exercise.  I feel I've been stuck indoors for months now either self inflicted or it is just the way that things have panned out.  This will at least get me away from the business for a while.  That was beginning to engulf me recently.

No comments: