Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Day in the Office

On a Saturday and keeping the hell out of the way from all the nonsense downstairs. Remainder of kids are off to University today so there is one grumpy soul downstairs, the other one has a cold and I have no idea what is wrong with the other one.

I have plenty to do so I am locked up here getting on with things I should have done weeks ago and never got around to.

I've also realised that I have a number of vacation days available just to me that no one else has so I have to try and work out what to do with those. I was hoping to take some time off at half term but the school wont allow extra days and C has to work term time and A doesn't get half term off at all. It appears she isn't even going to be around at Christmas now - she will be abroad somewhere. L has just a few days off but is actually studying.

I keep telling myself it isn't everyone being awkward (why is that such a difficult word to spell) or bloody minded but it just seems to be that everyone is doing something and that we may as well just go and please each other and go away or take time off individually. I'm almost getting paranoid about it as bugger all has worked out for months and any plans I have are scuppered by things everyone else does and then they say "Didn't I tell you?" Well obviously not.

So the sanctuary that is my office - mind you they have managed to screw that up as my power supply for one of my PCs has gone missing because someone has borrowed theirs? My printer is getting worn out by A doing her coursework and apart from that the Ryder Cup isn't on proper TV this time so if I fancy watching that I need to shell out a small fortune to watch it. I'm blowed if I am doing that.

So all in all, I have had a miserable day up here, my PC went wrong as well requiring me to divert time to fix that and I'm still only just gradually managing to get through my work. It is like pulling teeth getting this done.

No comments: