Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Treatment 1 of 3

Was - as usual - a little bit sore to start with but once done it was OK. I was in and out in no time which was a relief, nothing quite like waiting for 20 minutes to have a pipe shoved up you :-)

The usual turning, pills and going in and out of the toilet with bio hazard precautions followed.

It sure did sting a couple of times and I've thrown out some large lumps of bladder lining this morning but I feel OK. I feel sore around my middle - not surprisingly and a little befuddled which is pretty normal. I am trying to sort out my office and just don't really feel up to it and I remind myself that I really should be sitting down or having bed rest. I will do that soon I think as it is stupid to come up here and overdo things, I've done that before and it just sets you back.

Other than that - not a lot to report - strange and bizarre dreams no sign of the tormentors anymore thank goodness.

I'm glad I am alright and I am pleased that there are only two more to go - I know that they will be a little worse than this one but it still goes back to no pain, no gain and positive attitude that these things, unpleasant as they are do work and the results have been wonderful so far.

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

I got some info this week that most cannot tolerate the full slate of BCG treatments and end up dropping them, ultimately needing major surgeries. You are to be commended for having the attitude and bollocks to stay the course!

Only two more after this one!!!

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Steve. My Urology Nurse was telling me some of the problems and one of the Consultant's team gave me the full heads up before I started. They can reduce the amount they instill but in some people the effects are very severe.

I take the attitude that it really is worth going through with no matter what as the results (in my case) have been great. I think I get away with it easy when I see what people who have Chemo and Radiotherapy have to deal with.

If you don't have attitude I think it goes against you in a way. I know it gets you low and can be depressing having cancer but you have to give it your best shot and help the medical team by fighting it alongside their efforts :-)

I hope you are getting on OK?