Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fraught but a nice day

On Saturday it was a lovely day, the Autumn sunshine burnt off the fog and it was a busy day. We were on duty from 8 am looking after car parking, guiding visitors to various areas and then had to dash off to get ready for the meeting itself.

It was nice getting promoted and then we were once again busy setting up the dining area ready for the meal. It came as a bit of a surprise that we were to serve the wine rather than, as in all previous years, to just put bottles out on the table. However, we got that organised and managed to do that.

I retired to the bar with one of my guests in the afternoon and we had a couple of beers before his wife kindly gave me a lift home.

After getting changed I relaxed into the comfy chair and snoozed :-)

It is always nice that people you know come up and ask you how you are. It was a great relief to tell them how well I was and how things have progressed so well. This time last year when we were at Margate I was just about to go into Hospital to see how the second lot of treatment had tackled the precancerous biopsies of the previous tests. Well a year on, I suppose I can be reasonably confident in saying that I'm still clear! How great is that?

I really enjoy going to these events and being involved and I was pleased that it worked as well as it did.

I also got some good news that I can step down as Assistant Secretary of one of my Lodges as a youngster ought to take that on, I was surprised that they are going to offer me Chaplain though, it is a very senior job in a Lodge. Wow! Mind you it then made me realise that I am now getting to be one of the older people in the Lodge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good for you to get promotion
What is a Chaplain?
valbri

A Dived Ref said...

Hi there. Chaplain is the Officer who provides the prayers during the meeting. It is probably the highest non progressive office in the Lodge and as such, you provide the moral basis of the meeting.

Suddenly I realise that I am getting towards the top of the list of members and how old I am!! :-) Actually it is a fantastic honour and like being made the Vice President or Deputy Prime Minister - that sort of office. I am really chuffed to bits to get that so unexpected.